Marinus Pharmaceuticals
MARINUS PHARMACEUTICALS INC (Form: 3, Received: 05/15/2017 17:00:28)
FORM 3
        
UNITED STATES SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549

INITIAL STATEMENT OF BENEFICIAL OWNERSHIP OF SECURITIES

OMB APPROVAL
OMB Number: 3235-0104
Estimated average burden
hours per response...
0.5
                      
Filed pursuant to Section 16(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 or Section 30(h) of the Investment Company Act of 1940
                      

1. Name and Address of Reporting Person *

Lorianne Masuoka K.

2. Date of Event Requiring Statement (MM/DD/YYYY)
5/11/2017 

3. Issuer Name and Ticker or Trading Symbol

MARINUS PHARMACEUTICALS INC [MRNS]

(Last)        (First)        (Middle)

170 N. RADNOR CHESTER RD, SUITE 250

4. Relationship of Reporting Person(s) to Issuer (Check all applicable)

_____ Director                            _____ 10% Owner
___ X ___ Officer (give title below)          _____ Other (specify below)
Chief Medical Officer /

(Street)

RADNOR, PA 19087       

(City)              (State)              (Zip)
5. If Amendment, Date Original Filed (MM/DD/YYYY)

 

6. Individual or Joint/Group Filing (Check Applicable Line)

_ X _ Form filed by One Reporting Person
___ Form filed by More than One Reporting Person


Table I - Non-Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned
1.Title of Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Amount of Securities Beneficially Owned
(Instr. 4)
3. Ownership Form: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
4. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)

Table II - Derivative Securities Beneficially Owned ( e.g. , puts, calls, warrants, options, convertible securities)
1. Title of Derivate Security
(Instr. 4)
2. Date Exercisable and Expiration Date
(MM/DD/YYYY)
3. Title and Amount of Securities Underlying Derivative Security
(Instr. 4)
4. Conversion or Exercise Price of Derivative Security 5. Ownership Form of Derivative Security: Direct (D) or Indirect (I)
(Instr. 5)
6. Nature of Indirect Beneficial Ownership
(Instr. 5)
Date Exercisable Expiration Date Title Amount or Number of Shares
Stock options (right to buy)     (1) 5/11/2027   Common Stock   260000   $1.32   D    

Explanation of Responses:
(1)  Options to purchase shares of common stock vests 25% on April 10, 2018 with the remaining 75% vesting in 36 equal monthly installments commencing on April 30, 2018.

Reporting Owners
Reporting Owner Name / Address
Relationships
Director 10% Owner Officer Other
Lorianne Masuoka K.
170 N. RADNOR CHESTER RD, SUITE 250
RADNOR, PA 19087


Chief Medical Officer

Signatures
/s/ Edward F. Smith, as Attorney-in-Fact 5/15/2017
** Signature of Reporting Person Date


Reminder: Report on a separate line for each class of securities beneficially owned directly or indirectly.
* If the form is filed by more than one reporting person, see Instruction 5(b)(v).
** Intentional misstatements or omissions of facts constitute Federal Criminal Violations. See 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 15 U.S.C. 78ff(a).
Note: File three copies of this Form, one of which must be manually signed. If space is insufficient, see Instruction 6 for procedure.
Persons who respond to the collection of information contained in this form are not required to respond unless the form displays a currently valid OMB control number.

EXHIBIT 24

 

CONFIRMING S TATEMENT

 

This Statement confirms that the undersigned, Lorianne Masuoka, has authorized and designated Christopher M. Cashman, Richard Sherman and Edward F. Smith, signing singly, to execute and file on the undersigned’s behalf all Forms 3, 4 and 5 (including any amendments thereto) that the undersigned may be required to file with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission as a result of the undersigned’s ownership of or transactions in securities of Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc.  The authority of each of the attorneys-in-fact under this Statement shall continue until the undersigned is no longer required to file Forms 3, 4 and 5 with regard to the undersigned’s ownership of or transactions in securities of Marinus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., unless earlier revoked in writing.  The undersigned acknowledges that none of the aforementioned attorneys-in-fact is assuming any of the undersigned’s responsibilities to comply with Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.

 

Date: May 11, 2017

/s/ Lorianne Masuoka MD

 

Lorianne Masuoka MD